Monday, April 28, 2008

Travel Approval

After you receive your referral for a child, the next big hurdle to cross is getting travel approval (not really a hurdle, just something else to wait for). Our approval arrived this morning. Our agency has given us the tentative departure date of May 22, which means we would meet Annika on May 26. We will receive our definite travel dates in the next couple of days and then we can finally make reservations for our flight to Beijing and really start to panic about everything we will need to get finished in 3 weeks.

Since I am on spring break this week I am hoping to get several things done. I went shopping today to buy most of the things left on our packing list. I will have to take a picture of everything (that is in a pile on the nursery floor) that is going to need to fit in our suitcases. Since we are flying domestically in China we are only allowed one 44lb suitcase to check and one 11lb carry-on. I think I can accomplish that but it will be a tight fit.

No comments: