Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Kiss

I forgot to mention in my first post for today that I got my first kiss tonight at dinner. I have been kissing on her every since the minute she was handed over to us. She seemed to like to be kissed on the cheek and right on the corner of her mouth. Today we showed her a picture of herself in my digital camera and she was very interested in the baby and she kissed the camera. Tonight after dinner when her belly was full I was kissing her again and she open her mouth up and gave me a big baby kiss right on the lips. She did it about 4 times. I would give her a kiss and then she would kiss me. I was so excited!!!! She won't kiss David but she is constantly looking at him adoringly (it's really pretty disgusting LOL) so I'm sure his turn is coming soon.

I can't believe how much I already lover her. She's most definitely our girl.

5 comments:

Johnny said...

Yay! Go-team-go!

Two Pearls said...

Awwww...I love hearing these stories!!! :) Wasn't it hot in that Civil Affairs Building? We were all crowded around the fan trying to keep the babies cool!

Allison said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! Joseph doesn't kiss too much yet--can't wait for those big sloppy ones :) Take care and keep posting! More pictures ;)

Suzanna Catherine said...

That is sooo sweet about the kisses! There's nothing as sweet as baby kisses!

When you said: "I can't believe how much I already love her. She's most definitely out girl." I could really relate. I remember when we went to pick up our second son. He was almost 8 mos old and he was sitting up in the middle of the conference table laughing and cooing. He had on a little blue summer "romper" -- sort of like a dress-up onesie. It was love at first sight! That was in August 1968 and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Our first son was just four days old when we picked him up from the hospital. He had on a sweet little yellow outfit I bought with a puppy appliqued on the top. That was in the mid-60's and babies didn't have car seats. (I think only new cars had seat belts back then. I know we didn't!) I rode the 100 miles home with him in my arms.

Your posts have brought back wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing!

God bless your new family.

Debberoo said...

Hooray, sounds like things are going swimmingly! Kisses already!!!